Beautiful locally handmade beeswax candles, with an organic wick. 50% beeswax 50% paraffin.
Measuring 2.1cm wide by 25.5cm high.
Caring for your Beeswax Candle:
You can keep your Beeswax Candle at its best by following these simple steps:
- Keep them away from drafts, which make the candle burn unevenly and can make the wax run
- Keep the wick trimmed to between 5mm and 10mm long
For candles of 50mm diameter or more:
- The candles will “pool” as they burn
- When you light it for the first time, let it burn until the melted pool has reached just inside the edge of the candle.
- If the candle is kept away from drafts and the wick is kept trimmed, the candle will develop a “memory” and burn the same way until it is finished
- After the candle has been burnt several times, a wall will build around the edge.
- About a minute after the candle has gone out, press the wall inwards slightly so it is about 5mm high
- When it is lit again, the candle flame may burn lower for a short time until the wick makes room to grow
Narrower candles don’t pool as much, but it’s important to keep the wick trimmed, and if possible, keep it out of drafts so the wax doesn’t run.